The PSG Center for Academic Research and Excellence was founded in October, 2015 by the PSG & Sons Charities Trust with a mission to promote teaching excellence in all the colleges under the Trust. Toward this end, CARE will encourage the use of learner-centric pedagogical practices that facilitate effective learning and will foster dialogue and reflection on effective teaching through workshops, seminars, one-to-one consultation and other activities. The center also focuses on creating and sustaining effective faculty student relationships and aims to pursue its mission by:
- Helping educators at PSG to practice a learner-centric course design, innovative pedagogy and effective assessments so as to shift the focus of the teaching learning process from delivery of knowledge to facilitation of knowledge acquisition
- Offering an effective one-to-one mentoring system to the faculty in various topics pertaining to learner-centric pedagogy and effective faculty student relationships
- Promoting the use of technology in the PSG classrooms and establishing an environment for effective use of technology in enhancing the teaching- learning process.
- Helping faculty members assess the effectiveness of their teaching through appropriate student and peer feedback mechanisms
- Encouraging research activities that enhance the quality of teaching at PSG and supporting dissemination of research findings about the teaching learning process.